Community Involvement and Social Responsibility
A key advantage that Team Construction has in the construction management industry is the long standing involvement within the same community. With 30+ years of involvement in both Kelowna and the wider Okanagan Valley, our management and staff bring an intimate knowledge and personal connection to the valley.
Team has long valued participation in community events and causes. From annual participation in projects, such as:
- The Salvation Army Tiny Tim Breakfast;
- Golf and baseball charity tournaments; and
- Regular donations to charitable efforts (i.e. Okanagan College Trade Complex).
As well, Team has ongoing support of trades commitments including the numerous carpenters who have completed their Red Seal requirements in apprenticeships while working with Team. Team also maintains membership in a number of construction based organizations including the:
- Canadian Home Builders Association;
- British Columbia Construction Association;
- Canadian Construction Association;
- Independent Contractors and Business Association; and
- Licensing with BC Housing.
As a company we encourage our staff to participate in their community. Many have directly contributed time in the following ways:
- Volunteer fire fighters;
- Volunteering for the Salvation Army Kettle Campaign as well as the Thanksgiving Food Drive;
- Heart and Stroke Foundation fundraising;
- Partaking in regular food bank donations;
- Dry grad fundraising;
- Fish and Game Association members;
- Parent Teacher advisory committee participants;
- Blood drive donators;
- Strata Board Members; and
- more direct community projects like taking the time to clean up the streets in their neighbourhoods.
Team Construction is not about drawing from the community; we are about contributing to it.